Monday 1 March 2010

Charlie and I are a bit broken

Charlie is the name of my lovely bicycle, I only bought it/him/her a few weeks ago and since then I've been rekindling my love of speeding along the cycle lanes and arriving at uni looking like a wet dog. 


Unfortunately whilst pedalling along this morning I got blindsided by a little red car at a cross roads. I was lucky enough to get a swerve on and get the brakes in a bit before we hit each other so it could have been a lot worse. 
The risk of injuries is as follows


to me: battered left shoulder, dead leg, slight graze to elbow (American Apparel hoodies make good safety wear it seems), cricked neck, dented ego
to charlie: bent front wheel, bent forks, bent handlebars, bent front brake lever, possibly bent frame haven't checked properly yet
to the car: smashed drivers side window, broken wing mirror, dented drivers side door


After swapping setails with the driver it looks like I owe them about £170 quid, fixing my bike will cost about £30 max (depending on which ancient second hand parts I can scrounge) hopefully, so that me £200 out of pocket.


Beginning to think that getting a bike to save on bus fare is not as cost effective as I was hoping.


Wear a helmet kids

No comments:

Post a Comment